A network for the people of West Cork
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A network for the people of West Cork

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork

Go down 
2 posters

Will this work
Yes
Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Vote_lcap100%Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
no
Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Vote_lcap0%Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
maybe
Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Vote_lcap0%Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
David M

David M

Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Empty
PostSubject: Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork   Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:59 am

Hi I had an idea that i would like to give away. I might still do it myself if it is a good idea. Several people could do it.

So the idea is to deliver all those nick knacks people need, who live in the middle of nowhere.
To do it you would have to make a small catalog with all those things like milk, bread, cigarettes. You would have to see what is generally needed by doing a survey. You would have to guarantee that you would be there at a certain time every day. The only catch for the customers is that they would have to ring in the order by say 2pm every day.
In order to have everything run smoothly, it would need an easy system or setup. What I would do is, I would hand out the catalog across west cork heading in the direction of Cork city. This is so I can pickup from Musgraves. On the catalog I would have a certain number that would allow me to know where the customer lives. I would ask the customer to text that number with the order or get them to leave a message on my answering machine. It might take a year or two to take of. So what do you think.
Back to top Go down
http://corkfoodweb.ning.com/group/gardeningcourse
Eileen O'

Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork   Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:31 am

Hi David, that delivery service idea is an excellent one. There are some people who live in remote areas and who have no way of getting to the shops and a service like you suggest would be brilliant. Another idea along that line would be to bring back the mobile shop. This was a van (shop) which went to remote areas and sold the basics..tea, bread, milk etc. I think you have a winner there David.
Eileen
Back to top Go down

Delivery service in the sticks of west Cork
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A network for the people of West Cork :: Ideas Box :: Job creation ideas-
Jump to: